Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I applied for citizenship went to interview and my case was…

Hello I applied for...

Hello I applied for citizenship went to interview and my case was sent up for supervisory review shortly after I was sent a letter requesting more information. They are requesting a record of conviction for a particular arrest. Two of for of the requested information I have, but “ plea agreements/minutes does not apply and pre-sentence investigation cannot be obtained according to ny dept of probation. Is this a Standard Form letter/request? Do I simply supply what pertains to me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Yes I have applied for my citizenship.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have

12/6/2017
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Ok thanks
Phone call session started

If something does not apply in your case then you don't have to provide it. The most important things to provide are the arrest report or affidavit and the disposition.

Just send what pertains to you but make sure it includes the documents I mentioned.

The case is over 20 years ago so my lawyer no longer has the information. Can you confirm what I was told by NY Dept of Probation. That they would not be able to give me a pre-sentence investigation report.

IT is possible that the pre-sentence investigation cannot be obtained 20 years later. You can also try reaching out to the NY clerk of courts where the case took place to get the arrest report and disposition. As I said, those are the most important things to provide.

Ok sounds good. finally since this was so long ago most of my files are in Rochester should I send them in as I get them so as not to delay? Or all at once? I only have 30 days.

No, definitely send them all in together. If you send them separately it will cause a confusion and documents can get lost.

Thank you so much for your help.

You're very welcome!