Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Last month of Nov 6, I had an interview regarding my

Customer Question
Hi, I'm Hannah, and...

Hi, I'm Hannah, and last month of Nov 6, I had an interview regarding my citizenship and I passed the English tests and U.S. history and government but then the officer said that the decision cannot be made this time

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Yes my citizenship is still pending

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No not yet

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/6/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 4 months ago

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

replied 4 months ago

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

It could be something as simple as that it was a new officer and they have to run everything through their supervisor, but do you have anything negative in your background? Any crimes? Any long trips outside of the U.S.? Did you get your green card through marriage to a U.S. Citizen? Are you still married to that U.S. Citizen? Are you applying early for U.S. Citizenship (3 years of Residency instead of 5 years)?

replied 4 months ago

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

I got my green card from my mom and I did outside US trips but I was not only sure about the departure date but I was very sure of the date I came back. I've been residing in US for more than 5 years. And the officer in charge she let my friend to take the oath taking but not me.
NO
 replied 4 months ago

Thank you for responding. Did you have any trips during the 5 years that lasted longer than 180 days? Did you have any multiple trips during the 5 years that when you add them up in any 12 month period, add up to longer than 180 days?

replied 4 months ago

Hello. Why are you not responding again? I would like to help you, but it is important that you respond, please.

replied 4 months ago

Well Hannah, I see that you are seeing my responses and I do not know what I did for you to respond. I'd like to help, but unless you respond, I can only give you a general answer. You can do any of the following to push your case along:

1) Call the USCIS Customer Service number at 1-***-***-****.

2) Go to http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and make an appointment to speak in person with an immigration officer to find out the status.

3) If the case is very delayed, you may contact your U.S. Congressmen to get them involved and have their staff push the case along. Here is a helpful link to help you with this: http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml.

4) And finally, you could hire an attorney to find out the status and also push the case along. You can try to find one at http://www.ailalawyer.com/.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

replied 4 months ago

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!