Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am marrying a China citizen. She was planning to be here…

Customer Question
I am marrying a...

I am marrying a China citizen. She was planning to be here next week on a visitor visa. Now friends are warning us that that may be a problem. We have been talking 9 months. I went to visit her for 2 weeks in China. Is this possibly going to be a problem? Is theres a better way?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I am US citizen, born here.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, just starting.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I am US citizen. Met someone a couple of years ago while she was here in Cleveland on a visitors visa. We have recently been talking and we were wanting to get married. She will be coming here to the US for that.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/6/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. What is the problem that your friends are stating? Also, did you attempt to petition her to visit the US as a fiance?

Ely, Counselor at Law