Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

It's about our I-485 application for my step daughter K-2.

Customer Question
It's about our I-485...

It's about our I-485 application for my step daughter K-2. USCIS mailed letter to our street address and not our mailing address. USPS returned the letter to sender.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes since July 2017 and case status shows USPS returned the letter to USCIS due to incorrect mailing address.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I'm trying to resolve it myself but hard to speak to a uscis officer. USCIS local office keep saying to just wait. getting worried it has been almost sic months. My wife got her green card already since June 2017.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just need to know what the real status of our i-485 application.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/6/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Hi Jen Marie, I hope I can get proper guidance and what to do next.
Chat is good.

No problem. It's the website that offers you a phone call, not me. I'm happy to answer you here shortly.

You should call USCIS and once you have an officer on the line, ask for a second tier representative to help you resolve this and figure out where it is. Make it clear that it is a USCIS error and not yours. Speaking to them requires long wait times but it's the only way to speak to them.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

The 1800 uscis number is ***** answered by recording system. I can’t get through an actual person. Is there any number to call a uscis staff?

1-***-***-**** You have to choose the option that says you lost your receipt number. That one will take you to an actual person. Then ask them for a 2nd tier representative after explaining the situation.

I hope this helps and hope you can kindly leave a good rating.

Thank you very much

You're very welcome. Please let me know if you're having issues with the rating. It's not showing up on my end. Thank sin advance.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney