Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have domestic volilence case does it will effect my

Customer Question
I have domestic volilence...

I have domestic volilence case does it will effect my immigration status

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/5/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

hi

What was your exact conviction?

Do you have a green card?

I am on H1B i was arrested for DV convection is not yet happened my wife told to cops that i am abusing her but she don't want to purse the case but case is with people of state vs me. I have DWAI case where i plead guilty two years back.
you still there

You need to get a criminal attorney to defend you right away. Do not attempt to do this yourself. They will need to help you have this dismissed because it could affect your immigration status and it could affect your green card possibility in the future if you are convicted.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."