Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a friend here with me and she needs a new passport,

Customer Question
I have a friend...

I have a friend here with me and she needs a new passport, what is she to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has been here for 25 years and she needs a new passport so she can stay here.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/4/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question and to prepare a response.

Getting a passport is not what allows her to stay in the US.

What is her nationality? What is her visa status in the US?