Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I have an immigration question. I was stopped at port of

Customer Question

Good afternoon.
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi. I have an immigration question. I was stopped at port of entry (airport) and asked if I was going to reaide in the US.I said at that moment no but in the future yes. They told me I could apply for an SB1 visa.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: After I turned in the greencard tjey let me
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I applied recently for a tourist visa and was denied.They told me I had used medicaid to deliver my baby while having the grencard and that if I wanted a Tourist bisa, first I had to pay medicaid the babys delivery costs.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

What is your question regarding what happened to you with the denial?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
On 2012 they revoked my greencard at port of entry and told me I could apply for SB1 at a later time.On 2013 on embassy overseas I applied for tourist visa and was denied.The consul told me I had to paid medicaid the costs for the delivery of my baby on 2011 while a was still a greencard holder. I was financially possible for me to pay Medicaid until a couple of months ago. Currently I would like to apply for the SB1 and return to reside to the US. I have a US company I reistered on 2013 and have been doing business since then.I also have paid taxes, US bank acount,valid driver license and US credit cards. Do you think I have a chance of applyinh for an SB1 and having my SB1 approved? What suggestions do you make?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have lived outside the US since 2012 and have no US visa or greencard or any other application in process.

Unfortunately I do not believe you would be given the SB1 after your green card has been revoked. You were misinformed. SB-1 is used if you still have a green card but you have been outside the US for longer than a year because of an emergency reason. It does not sound like that is the case here. You would have to apply for a green card again if you have a basis to do that and or you can pay the necessary medical fees and apply for a tourist visa again.