Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I'm a swedish citizen living in Mexico, just been denied…

Customer Question
I'm a swedish citizen living...
I'm a swedish citizen living in Mexico, just been denied aB1b2 visa, but still have my esta visa, and I'm now wondering if I will have any problems at the airport if I need to fly through the states to my destination
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/1/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question and to prepare a response.

ESTA is not a visa. It is the Electronic System for Travel Authorization. It is the process by which individual registers to travel under the Visa Waiver Program. So you do not have a visa; that requirement was waived when you successfully registered for ESTA.

Please answer the following:

Why was the visitor visa denied? What was the basis?

Ely, Counselor at Law