Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Am in a pending asylum but my visa is still valid and i need…

Customer Question
am in a pending asylum...
am in a pending asylum but my visa is still valid and i need to travel outside the USA. can i come back legally with my visa? how will my asylum status impact on my visa an right to enter the USA?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/1/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

You should only travel outside the US if you apply for a travel permit on form I-131. If you travel without getting that first, then your I-589 application can be considered abandoned and you may not be able to get back into the US due to having a clear immigrant intent due to the already filed asylum application. Even having your valid visa, there is no guarantee that you will be allowed back in and it is very likely that you will not be allowed in. You can find the form on uscis.gov/forms for the advanced parole. I'm sorry I wish I had better news. I hope you can rate me based on the service and not if it's good or bad news.Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any. The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best! Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help AND PLEASE kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.