Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can I bring gold made in Nigeria thru usa costoms here in…

Customer Question
Can I bring gold...

Can I bring gold made in Nigeria thru usa costoms here in the usa,,,its 50 ounce bars,,i have 3 50oz.bars

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

What do I have to do to bring them into the usa,,,,I have tax certificate where I paid all taxes there in nigeria

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No my daughter has been in Nigeria for 4 years doing missionary work,,she is coming home,,she bought and paid for 3 ,,50,oz gold bars

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No have not contacted an attorney,,,,,,no have not filed with uscis [us citizenship and immigration services

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/30/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Here is the official link in that regard:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/322/~/importing-gold-coins%2C-medals%2C-and-bullion

So yes, you can bring in the gold, it just has to be declared.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!