Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was wondering what can i do if i really need to extend my…

Customer Question
I was wondering what...

I was wondering what can i do if i really need to extend my fathere 2nd times b1 visa th

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

My father just got his b1 visa extension but has a month left on it i was trying to find out if i can extend it the second time if not what alternatives do i have

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No just wanted to have an idea

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/30/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Hi, I'm an Immigration attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'm reviewing your question and will reply in a moment, thanks!

It's possible, but unlikely.

What is the reason for the extension? Are there any extenuating circumstances?

If not, or if the extension is denied, then the alternative route would be for your father to return to his home country, and then apply again in the near future for another visitor's visa.

What is your immigration status? If you are a US citizen and are interested in a more permanent option for your father, then you can consider sponsoring his permanent residency.

See:

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/parents/bringing-parents-live-united-states-permanent-residents

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer