Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can a Philippine person,a permeant resident of Canada on a…

Customer Question
Can a Philippine person,a...

Can a Philippine person,a permeant resident of Canada on a flight to Costa Rico land in USA for a transfer to another depart, with out a US visa

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/30/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Hi, I'm an Immigration attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'm reviewing your question and will reply in a moment, thanks!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Yes, you do need a visa in order to catch a connecting flight in the US.

You'll have to pass through US immigration and customs in order to switch flights.

Canadian citizens need only present their passport, but as a permanent resident you would need a visa.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!