Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Iam us citizen and have a us passport and iam looking for…

Customer Question
Hi , iam us...

Hi , iam us citizen and have a us passport and iam looking for single status certificate because I have never been married so where do I get ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Regarding citizenship?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have sent a same message to one of the lawyer but I didn't get any response

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have heard that the lawyer can provide some finagle which can works but iam not sure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/29/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Where do you currently live? And who is requesting it and for what purpose?

I live*****lowell MA
Iam us citizen and I need a unmarried certificate so where do I get ? I already paid $ 47 so

Well, I just meant the city and state. So Lowell, MA. And who is asking for this from you and for what purpose? A foreign marriage? Which country?

This is for me because iam planning to get married in Portugal,the Portugess officials needs my proof of marital single status

Well, you would either go to the clerk of the court where you live, or Massachusetts Vital statistics and ask them to do a search under your name for any marriage records. When nothing comes out, you ask them to print that and have them sign it and stamp it as certified. Here are some links to get you started:

https://www.mass.gov/ordering-a-birth-marriage-or-death-certificate

https://www.lowellma.gov/468/Request-a-Marriage-License

Yes, I understand that applying for a marriage license in mentioned and you are not doing that here, but they should also be the authorities that can check the records and certify that you have never been married or that you are free to marry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

I have been here in America for 7 years and i came here as a refugee and I went to the city hall and asked about this they said that they can't provide and I have seen in the google some of the people they went to the law office and the lawyer provide some finagle ,,and took that in foreign affairs to have a stamp and that works

If the city cannot help you, go to the Country Clerk or contact the State Vital Statistics, as I provided the link. I am not sure where you are reading about a lawyer providing you with a statement, but the lawyer would have to do what I am explaining that you should do because a lawyer cannot just state that you have no marriage record unless they investigate. That would be fraud. So contact he Clerk of the City Court, or the Clerk of the County Clerk, or the State Vital Statistics. I'm sure they can help you and for MUCH less than what an attorney would charge you.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Hey I don't need your answer
Why you took my money again
I didn't ask you any questions now a days

I did not take your money. I don't have anything to do with payment, credit cards, etc. I just answer the questions that a customer asks. You asked some questions November 29th and I responded and then you disappeared. When you don't leave 3 or more stars, the website thinks that I didn't do my job. I did my job, didn't I? I responded to all of your questions in November, yes?

No ,, just now they took my money by answer

You may have accidentally signed up for the monthly subscription service. I had nothing to do with that. As I said, I only answer the legal questions. I don't have anything to do with payment and subscription. I can ask that they cancel the subscription for you if you like, but I would like to know that if I answered all your questions, why didn't you leave three or more stars for me for my service?

I have stopped to asked a question from November 30 th but again they took my money and they said it's auto pay how you guys said like that if I didn't give you a permission to you
I have to talked to police
It's not fare

I already explained that I have NOTHING to do with payment. Perhaps you did not read your options correctly when you signed up and you accidentally chose the wrong thing and that means you accidentally gave the website permission. That's not my fault or responsibility. I can ask the website that you be reimbursed for any additional fee apart from the $47 that you were charged, but I still need to know why you did not click on 3 or more stars for me? Didn't I do my job?

First time I put my bank card coz I have asked you question and they helped me but now I didn't asked you any question but they took my money by answer Expert

I am not saying that you asked any new question. I posted a reply because I saw that I was never compensated for the help that I gave you and this is because you did not click on 3 or more stars for me. I will ask the administrators to take care of the additional payment that you made and refund you, but I ask again, didn't I do my job when you asked me questions? If so, why didn't you click 3 or more stars to let the website know that you were satisfied that I did my job?

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!