Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have questions about filing an O-1A status. Not yet

Hi , I have...

Hi , I have questions about filing an O-1A status

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Not yet working on it I am a current F-1 students and wants to convert to O-1 currently invented an application.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I founded an LLC while an OPT and I am currently back in school wants to file the expedited application already has llc members and is launching their official product on dec 15th.

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2017
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Just to be sure I understand, you would like your own company to file a petition for an O-1A visa for you?

my own company will file a petition for an O-1A visa.

Ok and what is your question in your situation?

I wanted to ask I have majority ownership but my company members can officially fire me as the CEO as an employer of the company can I still file for it.

Yes, if your company has a U.S. partner or employees who are authorized to work then it is possible that your company can file a petition on your behalf.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

I am sorry what exactly do you mean by US partner ?

A person who is a partner in the company who is a US citizen or resident.

A partner ok that makes sense.

Yes, and the setup you described sounds like you would qualify. Of course it's always good to have a local attorney review your documents and analyze your particular case.

I hope this has been helpful and hope you can kindly issue a positive rating today.

Thank you.

You're very welcome.

Thank you in advance for your consideration. Best of luck.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer yesterday when we spoke, but you didnot leave me any feed back. Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney