Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I'm a US Navy veteran who has an honorable discharge 6 years…

Customer Question
Hi I'm a US...

Hi I'm a US Navy veteran who has an honorable discharge 6 years ago do I have to pay the fee for the n-400?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I just started looking into it today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

ON what basis do you qualify for naturalization?

My name is***** who's a US Navy veteran. I've served active duty from April 2007 to April 2011. Also I've been in the US since 1991 and had my green card since 1997 which I renewed last year

On what basis did you receive your green card?

Did you get it through employment? Family? DV lottery?

Ely, Counselor at Law