Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

You may be able to help me. I need to find a top-rated

Customer Question
Good afternoon. Yes, you...

Good afternoon. Yes, you may be able to help me. I need to find a top-rated lawyer on citizenship, NOT immigration, but rather proof of citizenship.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Not anything like that. I was born in the US but my ability to have a passport is bieng questioned.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, I have lawyers, but I would like to know if there can be another approach.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well it is a matter of asserting my citizenship. I was born 72 years ago, and have lived on and off over 25 years in the US.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/28/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What city and state were you born in? Were you born in a hospital or a private home? If this is a situation where a mid-wife reported your birth, there has been lots of fraud in this area, so they are being very strict about this type of case. I hope that isn't your situation because I may have some bad news for you.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.