Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I been seeing my boyfriend for around 6to 9 years I been to…

Customer Question
I been seeing my...

I been seeing my boyfriend for around 6to 9 years I been to his country several times and I want him to come here what can I do to get him here

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No I don't know how

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No nd wilson

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No ms wilson

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/28/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question and to prepare a response.

Are you a US citizen?

Are you planning to get married?

Are you seeking to bring him here permanently to live and work in the US?

I want to marry yes

Do you want to marry in the US? Or do you want to marry abroad?

I would like to marry him here
If I have to I will go there and marry him and then I will marry him here too
Should I go to Trinidad and marry him there

Please be patient, as sometimes it takes a few minutes to respond. Thank you.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: If you are trying to get him here sooner, then he needs to apply for a fiance visa (K-1). It takes about 7 to 9 months to bring him here on that visa.

Here is all of the information you need to know about that process: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!