Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can I apply for naturalization If I am still waiting for…

Customer Question
Hi! Can I apply...

Hi! Can I apply for naturalization If I am still waiting for removal of conditions approval? I have been married for almost 4 years now and it's been almost 3 years since I became a green card holder. Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Waiting for removal of conditions approval

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/28/2017
Immigration Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Technically you can file for naturalization while your I-751 is still pending. In practice however, the USCIS will most likely not approve your naturalization application (and may not schedule it for interview) until your I-751 is approved and the conditions removed from your residency.

I hope this helps.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

If you have any other questions please just ask.
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer