Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a usa permanent resident and i applied for my

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi, My...

Second opinion] Hi, My name is***** am a usa permanent resident and i applied for my citizenship last september 2017. Its still in process, and i dont know how long it will take , but my bio-metric is done. I got married recently last july 2017 outside usa.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

My question is whay is the fastest way to bring my wife her in usa. should i apply now as a permanent resident or wait till i become a citizen and then i apply foe my wife.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

You are the first one.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thats it for now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/28/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question and to prepare a response.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: It's going to take a total of about 12 months to complete the naturalization process. But you can file the I-130 for her as a spouse of a permanent resident, and then once you are sworn in to become a US citizen, you can send a copy of your naturalization certificate and the I-130 to the national visa center and tell them to upgrade the I-130 petition to the spouse of a US citizen. They will move her case along after that.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer