Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I want to seek the advice of a lawyer. I have a pending

Customer Question
I want to seek...

I want to seek the advice of a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

I have a pending asylum case hearing in few days

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Going ahead with an individual hearing after getting a pending acd

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/27/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Sure, what are your specific questions about your case?

I am applying for asylum on religious grounds. I was arrested last weekend for soliciting prostitute (a police officer disguised as one), though it was never my intention to solicit a prostitute but they use the statement i made during the interaction to arrest me. i was taken to court and the judge granted me acd/ dismissal in 6 months once i pay fine and completed a course. My individual asylum hearing is coming up in few days. Should i go ahead?

Yes, you may still appear for your individual asylum even though you have a pending criminal court case. You should bring all relevant documents with you.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.

?

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney