Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

What is meant by class of admittance on form i-485

Customer Question
What is meant by...

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/25/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 7 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.​

Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 7 months ago

Item 23(c) on the I-485 asks you the class of admission on your I-94 Arrival-Departure Record. Basically, it is the type of visa you are on. It can say B1 or B2, H1B, F-1, etc.

I hope this helps. If you need help completing yourForm I-485, there are many competent immigration lawyers, including myself, who can help you. If you give me your city and state, I can list some immigration lawyers in your area.

Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.​​