Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I lost my receipt A numer how i cant find ti. I wass aprobe…

Customer Question
I lost my receipt...

I lost my receipt A numer how i cant find ti

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes i wass aprobe by national visa center in 1989

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes if i dont have the numer noting can du abut

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No if he find the numuer take my case

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/24/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good evening, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear you've misplaced your documents.

In order to get them replaced and/or get a hold of your A#, you will need to submit a FOIA request with USCIS.

In order to do so you'll need to fill out and submit USCIS Form G-639.

You can find the form, as well as step-by-step instructions for submitting the FOIA request at this link:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/freedom-information-and-privacy-act-foia/how-file-foia-privacy-act-request/how-file-foiapa-request

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer