Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My wife and I are flying to New Zealand January 1, 2018. How…

Customer Question
My wife and I...

My wife and I are flying to New Zealand January 1, 2018. How do we get VISAs?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No. We are US citizens with current US Passports

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. Why is that necessary?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017
Immigration Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today.
I will work on your answer.
If you are a U.S. citizen, you are eligible for a visa waiver and do not need a visa for tourist stays of three months or less. You must have a passport that is valid for at three months beyond your planned departure from New Zealand.You don’t need a visa before your departure.You will need the following:be in good health
be of good character
be bona fide applicants
be citizens of a visa waiver country
have enough money to live on while in New Zealand
have a ticket out of New Zealand to a country they have the right to enter.All you need is to is a round trip ticket to New Zealand. They will stamp your passport upon entry.Remember, your departure date must be no later than 3 months after the date you arrive in New Zealand.You’ll also need to make sure you have enough money for your stay and be able to access that money while you’re in New Zealand.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question.
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer