Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am concerned about re-entering the US after a disorderly…

Customer Question
Hi! I am concerned...

Hi! I am concerned about re-entering the US after a disorderly conduct conviction in NYC

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes. but I want a second opinion

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there any other details you would want to know?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/23/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

What is your current immigration status?

I just exited the US on f1 status (Cap Gap OPT). I abandoned my H1b change of status petition and my h1b petition was withdrawn by my company because I quit my job before Oct 1st.