Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Wrong address in DS160 and I already submitted the

Customer Question
application to consulate by dropbox...
Wrong address in DS160 and I already submitted the application to consulate by dropbox
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/23/2017
Immigration Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning. This is a common issue. Although it's true that the State Department has not provided a way to go back and change an already-submitted DS-160, you can go back online to submit a new, corrected DS-160, print the new confirmation page, and bring that to your interview at the consulate or embassy.This may be less work than you think. First, check how many days have gone by since you submitted the original application. If it is less than 30 days, go back to the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) website, www.ceac.state.gov. Click on DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. Click the tab for “Retrieve an Application.” Hopefully you took note of the application ID number from the DS-160 you submitted earlier, because you’ll need to enter that application ID number in the box. Then click the Retrieve Application button. Next, you’ll have to answer the security questions to get back into your form. Once you’re in, correct your mistake, then review everything, then electronically sign and submit the application You will be given a new confirmation and bar code to print and bring to your interview.If more than 30 days have gone by since you submitted the application with the mistake on it, you can upload that application back into CEAC – if you saved it on to your computer or other storage device. Go back to the CEAC website, click on DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, choose the consulate or embassy where you will be applying from the drop-down menu, and then click the "Upload an Application" tab. Then choose the location of your saved file, and click the Upload Data button. After making your changes, save and submit the new application. You will be given a new confirmation and bar code.If you never saved your original application, and it’s been more than 30 days since you submitted it, you’ll need to start over again. Go back on the CEAC website and fill in a new DS-160. Print the confirmation page for this new application.
I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate question for credit and tracking so that I will receive payment for assisting you with your question.
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer