Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My father has been denied US Visa under 214() He applied for…

Customer Question
My father has been...

My father has been denied US Visa under 214(b)

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

He applied for US immigration in 1996 bu marrying a US citizen but was rejected saying "admin processing" and now after 21 years , he applied for Visitor visa and was denied saying 214(a) 6(c)(i) since he didn't disclose that 1996 case.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/23/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 5 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

I'm so sorry to hear this happened. What is your question regarding your dad's situation?

Thanks Jen
I need to know what is the workaround to get a visitor visa for him . He just needs to visit us for 15 days only .

He can try to reapply for the B2 tourist visa but this time apply for the waiver. The waiver available is called the 212(d)(3) Hranka waiver. He must request to apply for it when he goes for the interview. You can read more information about it here and how to apply. Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

If approved, he would be given the visa.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/applying-nonimmigrant-visa-hranka-waiver.html

Thanks Jen
Last question , when we apply for the Visa again , in DS-160, we have declare that he has applied for immigrant visa and need to provide the details also. when the office asks why didn't you disclose it earlier, how should that be handled ?
what should he quote during the interview ?

He should be truthful. If he forgot about that event happening, then he should state that he had forgotten or if he didn't understand the question in the form clearly then he should state that. Whatever the reason was, he should be honest about it.

I hope this helps and hope you can kindly issue a good rating today.

I certainly will do that and during the interview he should talk about the waiver , is it ?
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney