Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I accepted a company's offer recently and they filed for my…

Customer Question
I accepted a company's...

I accepted a company's offer recently and they filed for my H1B transfer

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Sorry?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, the issue is they are asking for a reimbursement for the H1B transfer because accepted an offer by another company

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/23/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

The documents that I signed when I received the offer do not say anything about reimbursement for the H1B transfer
I just want to know if they can sue me on anything...
I had asked them if the H1B could be moved to premium, through email...

NO, they cannot sue you. This is a fee that is incurred by the employer. It is illegal for the employee to pay these fees.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."