Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

A foreign person, wanting to travel by plane who has

Customer Question
received working permit ID card...
A foreign person, wanting to travel by plane who has received working permit ID card. Would that working permit card be allowed by TSA at the airport as a form of ID?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/23/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

this person is awaiting for the green card and had received her working permit. she can't use her passport because had expired while waiting for the green card and the country who issues passports had delayed the delivery of her new one.

She would need a passport or state ID to travel. It is better that the person go get a driver's license or ID using the work permit. He or she is eligible to get that with the work permit.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.