Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a girl friend who live lives in the Philippines and.

Customer Question
I have a girl...

I have a girl friend who live lives in the Philippines and . i visited her 2 years ago . I want to know if she can come to America to marry me and , what procedures we would have to go through to bring her here so we can get married ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just what I asked you in my original question

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/23/2017
Immigration Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
As a U.S. citizen, you can bring your girlfriend here on a fiancée visa. The alternative is to marry her abroad and then petition for her to get an immigrant visa.For the fiancée visa, you must prove that you had a face-to-face meeting in the two years prior to the petition.To begin the process, file USCIS form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancée. If USCIS approves the petition, a U.S. consular officer abroad will interview your girlfriend. She will go through a “biometric” screening: her fingerprints, photo and name will be checked against an extensive database.After that the U.S. consul in the Philippines will grant the K-1 visa, your fiancée can travel to the U.S. for a 90-day stay. After she arrives, you must Barry in 99 days. She will then go through a second biometric check and USCIS will call you and her for an interview. If all goes well, USCIS will grant her permanent residence.You do not have to hire an attorney for the filing of the petition. The whole process will take about 9 months.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question. You can ask follow up questions after rating with stars.
If you have any other questions please just ask