Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I would like to know if there is any possibility to renew a

expired working permit JA: Have you...
I would like to know if there is any possibility to renew a expired working permit
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: Yes ..i had my working permit but it expired
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No just to know if it's possible to renew it even it's expired
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have my case with my wife
11/22/2017
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Please answer this for me first..

What is your work permit based on?

When did you apply for that?

Why did you not renew it before it expired?

When did it expire?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
It expired on sept 21
I applied for it on august 2016 based on a case of asylum with my wife

Yes, in this case you are allowed to renew it. You can do it now even if it is already expired as long as your asylum case is still pending.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney