Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a query on OPT extension. Not yet I am about to do…

I have a query...

I have a query on OPT extension

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Not yet I am about to do that

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to clear my doubt in my OPt extension I20

11/22/2017
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

I have recently applied for my OPT stem extension I20 and I have received it from my university. When I am checking my details I have found out that my Employer name in Post completion OPT field is printed wrong(Instead of Hexaware its printed as Hexware). I have informed my university regarding this,they have corrected my employer name in my SEVIS record and said I can use this I20 for OPT extension.Will you please let me know if it is fine to apply OPT extension with this I20 or do I need to raise a request for new I20?
You can check the attached file for issue

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

But the I-20 has been corrected in the system, correct?

Hi I have authorized transaction for phone call.You can call to my number

It says that there was a payment failure. Sometimes that happens when a credit card or bank sees two quick charges back to back from the same company, they think it is fraud. But we can continue here without additional charge.

Sure Thank you.My university has updated my SEVIS record with Correct Employer name

Ok. Then apply using the I-20 you have unless you think you can get a newly printed I-20 before your period for OPT application expires. They are very strict about the date. If your dates are too close, just file with the current I-20 you have and send a cover letter explaining the issue. They are supposed to check the system anyway and they will see the corrected I-20 regardless.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!