Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My husband got arrested yesterday he has been deported

Customer Question
My husband got arrested...

My husband got arrested yesterday he has been deported before and we were pulled over he was driving with no license and the officer said he was going at 76mph on a 70mph zone but he had cruise control set at 73. they we gave him our legal documents i am a citizen of USA he had his mexican passport only and the officer said there was a warrant for deportation is there any way he can get a bail set

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No because before we got together he was arrested and conficted of felonies in 2006 or 2007. We have been talking to lawyers in the past but they claimed we cannot do much.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not at this time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We've been married for 3 years have 2 kids oldest is turning 7yrs in January and my husband was deported again in 2010.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/22/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team replied 9 months ago
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, in most all deportation cases, no bail is granted as the court holds the person to be a flight risk, especially if he was deported in 2010 and is now back in the US. I am afraid that if he has been ordered to be deported, he has a right to a hearing before the immigration judge, but unless he can show evidence that the grounds they are using for deportation are not valid, the judge has no real choice other than to order the deportation.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.