Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Thank you for your kind support, i was looking for some info…

Thank you for your...

Thank you for your kind support, i was looking for some info about asylum second interview

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Pending asylum since 2015

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes i have an immigration lawyer representing my case

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really

11/22/2017
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What has happened with your Asylum case? You mean you have had one interview with an Asylum Officer and the other interview will now be with an Immigration Judge?

No i had my first interview 2015 and now called for a second interview in December with an immigration officer as well

Ok. And why? Normally it is only one interview. What happened?

Everything. Was good. Am not sure why is this happening

If everything was good, you would have been approved in 2015. When did you enter the U.S.? When did you file for Asylum? What country are you from? What is the basis of your Asylum claim?

Entered 2013 applied after 1 month from my entry and got interviewed October 2015 and still pending until got the second interview notice my asylum based on religion and i was military contractor for the USMC in Iraq ad Afghan
Originally from Syria

It probably has to do with all the issues with Syria and security background checks. So what would you like to know?

As my lawyer told. Me that i was clear from the background but my question is having second interview can be result in arrest and deportation ? Or it has to be before a judge ?

Have you committed any crimes that would result in an arrest?

Not at all , no crimes no arrest and no criminal issue
The reason i said that just because i read this happened in Lawrence MA while people got called for second interview and i became worried about the situation

Then they just want to re-interview you to get some last things straight, most likely. If they were to deny you there, if you qualify, they could refer you to the Immigration Court where you will have another chance to prove your case, but unless you commit some serious crime, you would not be a priority for deportation so they should not arrest and detain you. Just make sure you go to the interview.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

What Would be the cost for a Phone call consultation at this time ?

I am not able to send you the offer for some reason, but normally $59 additional.

Is there specific time we can talk on the phone ?

I don't count the minutes as long as it is something reasonable. The average call length is around 15 minutes, but some people talk longer. I start wanting to hang up after 45 minutes or so.

I wont need More than 15 min if its possible

I didn't say it would be 15 minutes. I said that's the average. Some people talk longer. I have had a few customers get close to an hour and I am not happy about that but I don't hang up on them either. How much time do you think you will need?

Let's say 15 min.

It's ok if it is more. Just please let's not get close to an hour. The problem is that I don't have the option to send you the phone call offer.

I understand , what times good for you or you will be contacting me ?

Now is a good time. The offer window came up. I will send you the offer now.

Should i call you or ou can call me. At(###) ###-####

It's actually not letting me and if it does not let me, I cannot call you. Try it from your end, please.

What should i try ?to contact you or update the payment info

Email *****@******.*** and explain to them what the issue is, that you cannot upgrade to the phone call and I can't seem to send it.

Phone call session started
All set with the payment i believe should be fine by now to contact me

Yes. Give me a few minutes as I am responding to a few other customers and once I start the telephone conversation with you, I won't be able to respond to them. No need to reply. Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!