Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My case including form I 130 and I 485 filed at the same…

Customer Question
My case including form...

My case including form I 130 and I 485 filed at the same time to Chicago Lockbox And rejected two times with the reason (Application type) I checked many times and from line to line; I can't find any mistake. Then I went on line to ask "Application type for form I485. The screen appears many websites/ I chose government website to learn and tried; however, the results are the same / I wondered that there is one time to type with one format in highlight ;I saw it s some king of different then the other but they don't let me complete the form but asked if I am the applicant ? finally they cut me out So please tell me if I go on the right website of USCIS ??

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes, I am afraid that this time, my case will be rejected again

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet, but with you, the first one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, really, because I have not enough for Attorney fee

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/21/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

Oh dear, I know you are frustrated.

Let me just tell you Part 2 is "a" - a petition is approved and a visa number is ***** available to you. It may not make sense to you but in the process it does. The adjudicator or examiner at USCIS does not take any final action on the I-485 until the petition is adjudicated. So by the time they get to the 485 ( a minute or two later) the petition is approved and a visa number available.

It sounds to me like you are going to a rogue site. it is not .gov

http://uscis.gov

Also, if you use a site other than http://uscis.gov those sites do not always have the latest version of the form and they time you out so that they get you to pay to use their site.

The official USCIS site does not ever charge for their forms and does not time you out without allowing you to save first so you can go back to it.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer