Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My school terminated my sevis but i am working on cpt with a…

Customer Question
My school terminated my...

My school terminated my sevis but i am working on cpt with a company. Will that company know that i am illegal to work? Or i can contnue working?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/20/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

No, generally the school does not communicate with the CPT employer regarding your school status.

You have a right to privacy and the school is limited in who they can share your immigration status with.

As you continue to work you are digging your hole here if you are thinking of reinstating, etc.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith