Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My marriage was in 1986 to a New Zealand citizen. He has…

Customer Question
My marriage was in...

My marriage was in 1986 to a New Zealand citizen. He has abandoned the marriage and REFUSES to leave the USA because "it has a better medical system, and I have Parkinson's Disease". He moved out but claims alll the rights of a USA citizen and scoffs that INS will attempt to force his return to his own country. He is living here on $4000K a month and thinks he "beat the immigration system". Having an 'ex' next door is a pain and nothing but trouble. I am the US citizen that made the mistake of marrying a foreigner who wanted a free ride on the American train. He NOW IS A PARKINSON'S PATIENT, HE NEEDS TO 'GO HOME' TO NZ. IS THERE ANY HELP FOR ME TO ENCOURAGE THAT? THE MARRIAGE IS OVER, OVER, OVER.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

TENNESSEE

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

HE CONTROLS EVERY DIME AND REFUSES TO SEE A LAWYER, HE KNOWS HE COULD BE DEPORTED. YOU ARE THE FIRST TIME I HAVE REPORTED THIS.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

YES. HOW CAN I GET A DIVORCE WITHOUT MONEY? HE ALLOWS ME TO USE MY $1016/MONTH SSA ONLY. HE IS HIDING FROM INS AND LIVING ALONE, BREAKING EVERY INS RULE OUT THERE.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Did you sponsor him for immigration benefits? Did he already have a 10 year green card when you divorced him? What is his status now? A US citizen?