Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I got my H1b transfer approved for a company but never

Customer Question
joined the company and instead...
I got my H1b transfer approved for a company but never joined the company and instead decided to stick with old employer. now I have an offer with company C which is filling for h1b transfer and asked for prior approval notice. Do i need to provide the approval notice of the company I never joined?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/19/2017
Immigration Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning. To effectuate the” transfer” they will not need to submit all of your H1B approval notices, but only your most recent i 797.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question for credit and tracking so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.
Also, While the USCIS has records of all of your I-797’s, and even if you don’t include the copy from company C, they might ask your new employer why you never started with Company C, which is why they want copies of all of your I 797.They want the petition to go smoothly and not have any potential blocks to your hiring.
Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 8 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.​

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

When does your I-94 from your first employer expire? Did you get a new I-94 from the second employer with a different date?

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.