Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I'm an F1 student in university, and have been attending

Hello JA: Hello. How can I...
Hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm an F1 student in university, and have been attending school in the US since I was 12, back in 2007.
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Well, I'm in Boston
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet maam
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Did you the information about my fiance go through? There was a glitch on my end
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is my visa. On a Swiss passport
11/18/2017
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Sorry, what is your question for us? It seems nothing came through.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
you wouldn’t be able to answer any specific questions?

Thank you for your reply.

I do not see any specific questions for us to answer.

State law forbids any of the attorneys on this site from engaging in legal representation, which means we cannot provide legal advice and can only educate you as to what your legal rights are for you to make your own determination.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Is it possible for a US citizen to petition for an immediate relative even if the relative is out of status?

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, if someone is out of status and has overstayed more than 6 months, while a US Citizen could apply for a spouse, child or parent (immediate relative definition), it is highly unlikely such petition would be granted and the relative will have to also file for a waiver of inadmissibility explaining some good cause for why the relative has overstayed and lost status.

So, yes, it is possible for the relative to apply, but it is getting harder and harder to satisfy the "good cause" required to get the waiver of inadmissibility granted.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thank you so much.

Thank you.