Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My wife applied for F2 dependent visa. she got 221G.

Hi, My wife applied...

Hi, My wife applied for F2 dependent visa. she got 221G green

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Required docs like..relationship proof,6 months salary statements,us bank statement and past 2 years tax return I have an OPT status

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I startno no I started my job feb 20th 2017 I got OPT feb 7th 2017 How can it possible past 2 years tax return

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/18/2017
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

You can only provide 2years income tax returns if you have them. Since you have not been working that long, you can just provide one years for 2017 when you do them in a month. Also provide a letter from you stating that you do not have another year of tax return because you only began working in February 2017.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
In 221g,They asked relationship proof,6 months salary statements,Us bank statements and past 2 years tax return.
I have relationship proof, 6 months salary statements means pay stub?
Us bank statements means last current bank statements?
past 2 years tax return is not possible because of I started my job feb 20th 2017 and I got OPT EAD date for legal work authorization feb 2nd 2017. Today is Nov 18th 2017. I started my job based on legal work authorization status around 9 month.
How can it possible for past 2 years tax returns? Second thing I need to pay tax but not same year by IRS law. That is correct I need to pay tax but after december 2017. So, I have to pay tax on january 2018 when I will get my w2 and w4 from employer.

6 months salary statements means pay stub? Yes.

Us bank statements means last current bank statements? YES
past 2 years tax return is not possible because of I started my job feb 20th 2017 and I got OPT EAD date for legal work authorization feb 2nd 2017. Today is Nov 18th 2017. I started my job based on legal work authorization status around 9 month. YES BUT AS I EXPLAINED, ON JANUARY 1 2018 YOU CAN FILE INCOME TAX RETURNS FOR 2017.

Second thing I need to pay tax but not same year by IRS law. That is correct I need to pay tax but after december 2017. So, I have to pay tax on january 2018 when I will get my w2 and w4 from employer. I'M SORRY I AM NOT SURE. I AM NOT A TAX SPECIALIST. I CAN ONLY ANSWER THE IMMIGRATION QUESTIONS

Can I provide them only 3 documents now ?
If I write a letter why I can not provide past 2 years tax returns documents based on status and my work authorization start date and job start date which I explained you. Is it any affect on decision for visa?

yes prodice what you have wi t a letter explainin.

I hope this helps.

Sorry typo. Yes provide what you have with a letter of explanation.