Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

When I married him in 1986 I had 'stars in my eyes', and I…

Customer Question
When I married him...

When I married him in 1986 I had 'stars in my eyes', and I really felt he was IN LOVE with ME. Well, the new wears off when it is fake, and he now "lives" next door to me! He occasionally hands me a roll of money (to keep me quiet I am sure) because now his "retirement social security is $4000+ per month; and mine is only $1016 per month). He took advantage of 'love' to piggy-back me into America, now he has moved out and refuses to discuss returning to beautifull, quaint New Zealand. But he makes my life hell, living next door to my ex, and I honestly would wave his plane goodbye with a big smile on my face. HE HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH PARKINSON'S DISEASE AND PLANS TO DIE AND BE BURIED IN THE GOOD OLD USA. HE THINKS HE HAS OUTSMARTED ME AND THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION DEPT. I would happily wave this plane goodbye with him in handcuffs for all his "charm" and cheating. Kathryn Abbott (###) ###-####I am willing to sign an affadavit that he has lied to your agency and certainly to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.

I typed my message about my illegal ex. Shall I wait for an answer? or a phone call?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No, he keeps saying he is "going back to NZ", I have refused to live with him anymore. He likes the USA better because it is "cheaper to live", and because he knows what lies ahead with his DIAGNOSED PARKINSON'S DISEASE AS IT PROGRESSES". I am older and cannot nurse him through advanced Parkinsons Disease, and he knows there is an excellent medical system to care for him when he can no longer function.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

If a lawyer walked into my little home office here, I'd hug his/her neck with JOY! I had a stroke recently and am still recovering. He knows I might die and we have these two properties he intends to INHERIT> He is a shyster, accomplished. I was too innocent and lonely to know this before, but I've learned it well. I just want him out of my life, but I will not lie to make it happen. I just want my peaceful, lonely life back again without all of his drama. He will no doubt belt the team that tries to get him to the airport to return to New Zealand. He is not a peaceful person.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Reporting what I have 'lived with since 1986 is all I know to do. I honestly just wish I'd never married this opportunistic person that just wanted my back to step on to get into this country. I am old and need quiet and peace. That is the total truth. We no longer have a 'relationship'.he cannot be trusted, he is a "people user".

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/18/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome Kathryn, to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

I want to be clear, you have beenmarried to this man since 1986?

Why don't you just get a divorce and move on, back to NZ if that is where you want to live. In the divorce proceedings ask for a property settlement of the home and a division of any other marital property. Sell it and use that money to go back to NZ.

I am perplexed why you cannot leave him here and you go back home?

Judith

Ely, Counselor at Law