Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Ms., I have a questions regarding J1 Visa or H1 visa for a…

Customer Question
Hello Ms. Wilson,...

Hello Ms. Wilson, I have a questions regarding J1 Visa or H1 B visa for a Medical Graduate applying for Residency in the US. I am a Canadian citizen with ECFMG certification and currently in the process of appearing for interviews. I have a very specific dilemma regarding obtaining a `Statement of Need' for the specialty I am seeking. Is there anyone that would be able to help or offer consultation!

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No, I am a visitor to the US! I do not have any current applications! Going back to Canada after my interview! Thank you for your time

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What other information do you need from me?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/17/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

Am I to assume you have not completed a specialty training program post medical school in Canada?

Judith

I am recent graduate from a school outside of US and Canada. I am a Canadian citizen.

For the J1 you can have the country of designation your country of residence or your country of nationality. Are you asking Canada or the country where you went to school.

Judith

I am asking US for a J1 Visa for graduate medical education! It's ok, I don't think this is going to work. How do I stop this service?