Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

FOR JUDITH: This question is for my brother. He is a

Customer Question
FOR JUDITH: This question is for...
FOR JUDITH:
This question is for my brother. He is a Guatemalan citizen looking to invest in the U.S. and obtain a green card through investing. What is the least complicated field of investment for this to be granted? (a business, real state, etc?). And what are the minimum investment requirements to allow him to enter the U.S. with his family?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

There is no treaty between the US and Guatemala for an treaty investor E visa.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/treaty.html

So the only option for your brother is to invest $500K in either a targeted unemployment area or in a Regional Center. If he creates a business and invests in the targeted area he has to employ at least 10 US workers.

. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Where would I be able to find a list of targeted unemployment areas? Also would those $500k go towards facility buildings, equipment, etc?

There is no list. It is a hugely complex formula where one has to look at the census from and HHS tables based on the MSA = metropolitan statistical area and the population and income levels. I am not prepared to do that research.

You can begin by googling" EB5 visa targeted employment areas"

Judith