Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

How are you? I have a question, i have 2 years CG if I

Customer Question
Hey , how are you? I...
Hey , how are you?
I have a question , i have 2 years CG if I divorced my wife before i get 10 yes CG and marry someone else has USA citizenship can i get 10 years CG
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/16/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 9 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.

Unfortunately, no. It would be a new marriage less than 2 years old, so you would get a new 2 year conditional green card IF you can prove the new marriage is real and the old marriage was real too. Better to just divorce and prove that the old marriage was real to get a 10 year green card through the old marriage. Here is a link:

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/conditional-permanent-residence/remove-conditions-permanent-residence-based-marriage

Read where it talks about the waiver.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!