Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am on stem opt and working full time job. But h1b petition…

Customer Question
I am on stem opt...
I am on stem opt and working full time job. But h1b petition filed by a different employer is about to be approved. What are the chances of h1b transfer to my current employer
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/15/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

What do you mean what are the chances?

can i tranfer h1b to my current employer

I'll be back shortly.

Your current employer can definitely submit a new H1B petition if they choose. That is what is considered a transfer. The first petition does not affect your new one by the current employer.