Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have an immigration question regarding my F-1 VISA. Right…

Customer Question
I have an immigration...

I have an immigration question regarding my F-1 VISA

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Right now I have departed US and in my home country trying to regain my F-1 and the petition to file for reinstatement is abandoned as I left the US without hearing the USCIS decision

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Nope not yet just talking to my DSO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Sure, I have gone ahead and submitted my DS-160 and trying to book my VISA appointment in my home country India. I apparently qualify for a Dropbox interview waiver program and I just have to submit the documents, however this doesn't gurantee any visa issuance. I therefore wanted to hear out immigration attorney advice

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What was the reason that your SEVIS was terminated?

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 6 months ago

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.