Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My boyfriend of 4 years is in immigration custody. We do…

Customer Question
My boyfriend of 4...

My boyfriend of 4 years is in immigration custody. We do have a 5 month old daughter together. We want to get married. Would it be better for him to voluntary depart then me go to his country and marry him? not really sure what to do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

We have not filed any paperwork as of yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I hired an lawyer to see if a bond can be set to see if he can be released here in the U.S. other then that i have not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 8 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Are you a US citizen?

What happened that brought him to immigration custody?

How did he enter the US- illegally or with a visa?

i am a US Citizen.
He was pulled over for NO DL
He entered Illegally and has been in the US for 13 years. He does have 3 other children as well