Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My son is autistic, he is 7 and in elementary school. Can we…

Customer Question
My son is autistic...

My son is autistic, he is 7 and in elementary school. Can we apply for green card on this basis or work authorization?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Spring, TX. This is Montogomery county. Right now my son is on H4 visa.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am on H1b, I am from India, my priority date is June 30th 2014 and my I-140 is already approved.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/14/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question and to prepare a response.

As I am doing so, keep in mind that a normal part of dealing with complicated legal issues is that you might experience some delays. Please do not opt me out expecting a faster response. This will only result in further delays. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information. Simply telling you only what you want to hear is not the purpose of this site. So if you are upset at your situation but the quality of my answer is good, please do not give me a negative rating. I am only a messenger. And if you want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you.

ANSWER: Unfortunately, no, there is no basis on which either you or your son can adjust status to permanent resident or receive employment authorization based on his condition.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Remember that the rating is not based on the outcome you wanted or desired, but instead, on my service to you. Negative ratings are reserved for Experts who are rude or unprofessional.

Do you need more help?

Thank you!