Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was told in order for a russian woman to recieve a

Customer Question
I was told in...

I was told in order for a russian woman to recieve a tourist-guest visa they must be able to prove she has enough money to to show ability to pay expenses. how much money are they looking for? a 2wk visit...will applying for or receiving this visa effect her permanent or fiance

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Im a u.s. man

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just looking for general info on this matter

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/14/2017
Immigration Lawyer: ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Please give me a few minutes while I type a response. I am still here with you, but it does take a bit of time to type a complete response.

She should be able to prove funds, as well as travel plans and a plan to return home (if applying for a tourist visa). A tourist visa is a nonimmigration visa, so if there's anything already filed for a fiance visa, or other immigration paperwork, she should not file for this. It is not needed to show a specific amount of money, or to pay any "exit fee" or other payment (other than the visa fee) to anyone to leave the country. That is a common scam.

There's a site that talks about signs of a dating scam at the website for the US Embassy to Russia: https://ru.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/victims-of-crime/dating-scams/. You can write a letter saying that you're sponsoring her, housing her on the visit, etc... but you should not send any money to her.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.