Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

There is a agency promising me a job in United Kingdom. Now…

Customer Question
There is a agency...

There is a agency promising me a job in United Kingdom. Now a mail has been received by me saying that I have to deposit around 7000 GBP to his account for BASIC TRAVELERS ALLOWANCE CHEQUE FO PROCESSING VISA TO U.K . HOW I SHOULD HANDLE THE SITUATION?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

NO THIS IS REGARDING GOING TO U.K FROM INDIA .. I AM AN INDIAN

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

HOW I CAN BE SURE OF THIS IS GINUINE CASE OR ANY THIS KIND OF DEPOSIT IS REQUIRE BY U.K GOVERNMENT

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/14/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Lorens35, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Lorens35
Lorens35, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.
Unfortunately, this is positively a scam. There is no such thing as a “basic traveller allowance” (bta) in ANY country, and the only people whoever request money for it are scammers.
Do not send money or even continue corresponding with them. Block their number and email. This person is a criminal and deserves no explantion.
I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not want you victimized by this thief.If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
Are you online with me?
Didnyou have further questions? Have I answered your question?
Is there any way that I can get back some initial charges already he collected from me?
Thank you for following up.
If you can find them in the UK you can report them to Scotland Yard. Otherwise, they are operating annonymously somewhere else, beyond the reach of the courts or law enfocement agencies, and they will just disappear.
Again, I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Did you have further questions? Has your question been answered?
Are you still online with me?

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!