Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a friend in South Africa that wants to come to the…

Customer Question
I have a friend...

I have a friend in South Africa that wants to come to the U.S., can you tell me what is required of her to be able to come?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No I haven't.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How long can she stay?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/13/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 9 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

If your friend would like to visit the US, she would have to apply for a B1/B2 tourist visa at the US embassy/consulate. In order to have the best chance of approval, she should take proof of her significant ties to her country. This would be things such as proof of a good job in her country that will be waiting for her, or proof that she is attending school. Also proof of property ownership, bank account, family ties, any other ties to the country. The tourist visa usually allows a person to remain in the US for up to 6 months at a time.

She can apply starting here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-za/niv

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Did you get my response?

HI again, I see you were able to view my answer. Did you have any additional clarifications needed?

I don't see questions or that you left feedback. Please note that is the only way we receive any credit as experts for our time here on the website.